A beautiful calendar with practical design. Each month shows which ingredients are in season for Northwest Europe. Learn about seasonal fruits and vegetables and bring it into action with 48 everyday recipes.
printed on recycled paper
What you get
Besides a beautiful item to display, this calendar:
- contains 48 easy and tasty seasonal recipes online or in-app, 4 each month
- lists the fruits and vegetables in season each month
- shows for each recipe which months it’s in season
- makes it easy to eat for the climate – the recipes are without meat and contain less dairy
- saves you time to do the research and search for recipes
- is a physical and beautiful reminder to eat with the seasons
How the seasonal calendar works
Many people want to eat seasonal food but no longer know when something is in season. And knowing is only half of the work: you also need to create a meal around those ingredients. That’s why we have created this calendar that includes 4 recipes for every month.
We cross-checked everything with various sources and divided the fruits and vegetables into four categories, to give you a better understanding of the seasons:
- Products that are almost out of season fall under last chance.
- Some products are great from storage for several months, like apples or cabbage.
- Prime time is when fruits and vegetables are harvested and they are at their best.
- And starting now helps you spot the new arrivals.
Each month includes a link to four recipes with the ingredients of that month, so you can put knowledge into action. You can open them in your browser or with a voucher code in the Fork Ranger iPhone or Android app.
This calendar will help you discover new flavors and make an impact with your food. Together we can rewild our landscapes, and in the process, rewild ourselves.
How sustainable is this calendar?
If you once make 4 portions White Wine Tagliatelle with Mushrooms with soy cream instead of dairy cream you’ve already saved 2.2 times more CO2 than the CO2 emissions of this calendar
There are no dates on the calendar so you can use it every year, and we’ve printed them double-sided so less paper and ink was used.